As part of Gov. Abbott's Phase 1 plan to reopen businesses in Texas, we will be reopening our doors on Wednesday May, 6, with altered policies and procedures to reduce the spread of coronavirus.
Because the health and safety of our guests and staff is our top priority, please review the following updated policies prior to your visit to the Earth and Space Science Center.
- Planetarium seating will be reduced to 25% capacity, a maximum of 20 guests in the theater.
- Tickets MUST be purchased online before entering the building. No purchases will be allowed at the ticket office.
- If you do not have online tickets, DO NOT enter the building. Tickets may be purchased at sciencecenter.tjc.edu
- The exhibit hall and gift shop will remain closed.
- Once inside, please proceed directly to planetarium theater. Do not linger in front entry. If you are waiting for others in your party, please wait outside.
- Please maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from others not in your party.
- Face masks are not required, but highly recommended.
- Please allow at least two seats in between you and another party. Do not sit directly behind or in front of another party.
- Only 1 show per day allowed. Each show will be the same during the day. Shows will vary by day. You are welcome to return on different days.
- After the show, please exit the planetarium and head outside. Do not linger in lobby.
During this time of following social distancing guidelines, we will also be conducting comprehensive, heavy cleaning of all hard surfaces including doors and walls, and seats in the planetarium.
We thank you for your cooperation and understanding as we navigate these unique times. We look forward to seeing you soon!